The list of below video tutorials is a Quick Start to learning How to Build RESTful Web Services with Spring Framework.
Spring Framework is large and there is so much to learn about it. And although there are so many tutorials on the Internet I still felt it would be helpful to create a series of short and simple video lessons, which will help, to quickly begin with RESTful Web Services, so that a new to this field developer, can quickly get some insight on how a very simple RESTful Web Service can be built.
If you watch these videos you will learn and be able to do the following:
- Download, Install and use Spring Tool Suite Development Environment,
- Download, Install and use Postman HTTP client so that you can send HTTP Requests,
- Learn how to Download and Install Java.
- Handle different types of HTTP Requests: HTTP Post, HTTP GET, HTTP PUT and HTTP Delete.
- Learn to read URL Query String parameters, via URL Path Parameters as well as information sent via the body of HTTP Request,
- Return information as a plain text or as a JSON or XML document,
- Validate HTTP request parameters and HTTP Request body,
- Handle Java Exceptions,
- Learn how to run your RESTful Web Service as a standalone Java application which runs independently of your development environment.
Build RESTful Web Service with Spring Framework. Video Tutorials.
REST API with Spring Boot - Create Spring Boot project with SPRING INITIALIZR
REST API with Spring Boot - Reading URL Path Parameter
REST API with Spring Boot - Reading Query String Request Parameters with @RequestParam
REST API with Spring Boot - Return Custom HTTP Status Code from RESTful Web Service Endpoint
REST API with Spring Boot - @DeleteMapping. Handle HTTP DELETE Request and Return a Response
REST API with Spring Boot - Handle Exceptions in Spring MVC RESTful Web Service Application
REST API with Spring Boot - Return Custom Error Message
REST API with Spring Boot - Catch a Specific Exception
REST API with Spring Boot - Throw & Catch Your Own Custom Exception
REST API with Spring Boot - Handle More Than One Exception
REST API with Spring Boot - Dependency Injection. A practical example.
REST API with Spring Boot - Constructor Based Dependency Injection Example
REST API with Spring Boot - Run REST API as Standalone App
Spring Data JPA Native SQL Query with Named Parameters
Enable Hibernate SQL Query Logging
Respond to Cross Origin(CORS) HTTP Requests
Reading Query String Request Parameters
RESTful Web Service with Spring Boot - Consume and Produce JSON or XML
Create new Spring Boot project with Spring Initializer
Import Maven Project into Spring Tools Suite
Enable Logging in Spring Boot Web App
Enable Logging in Spring Boot at Run Time via Command Line
Log to File in Spring Boot
Start Spring Boot Application on Different Port Number
Reading HTTP Headers in Spring Boot RESTful Web Service
Creating Spring Boot Web Service to handle GET, POST, PUT, DELETE
Pass and Read Command-line Arguments in Spring Boot
Pass Command-line Arguments to Spring Boot Test
Start Spring Boot App on Random Port Number
Skip Unit Test when Building Spring Boot application